× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 Router Link Light

Kriss60
Aspirant

EX3700 Router Link Light

I am currently using a Virgin media super hub set to run on the 5Ghz band, but have a low signal in areas on the first floor of our house.
I have set my EX3700 extender up according to the  instructions and can see both the 2.5Ghz and the 5Ghz extension over my wifi.
When I plug the extender into a socket on the first floor where I know the signal is OK the router link led lights green and I get a good or better signal within the bad areas. However, within about 15 minutes the Router link light turns red until I power the device off and on again. This happens wherever I place the device. I have even tried placing the device around 12 feet away from my Virgin router with the same results.

The extender seems to be working OK other than that.

only received yesterday, does it seem I have a faulty unit or is this a feature.

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kriss60
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 Router Link Light

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. I have carried out a factory reset and set extender up via my PC with the same results even with the unit next to my router. Checked router logs and it seems the extender i

keeps trying to obtain IP address. Have returned it and received a replacement which seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chris.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I would try to factory reset the device and do the setup again in the same room as the main router then I would try to move it to the area you want it. If it is still doing the same behavoir I would then suggest to contact Netgear support.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Kriss60
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. I have carried out a factory reset and set extender up via my PC with the same results even with the unit next to my router. Checked router logs and it seems the extender i

keeps trying to obtain IP address. Have returned it and received a replacement which seems to be working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chris.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7