× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3700 Wrong Gateway address, No Internet

hal888
Aspirant

EX3700 Wrong Gateway address, No Internet

I connected to the extender by wire or wireless and I cannot get access to the Interent. I found out the Gateway address is wrong. Updated the firmware and had not been solve the problem yet.

Got two brand new EX3700 and my EX2700 is working very well. Why? Can anyone help? 

Please don't return about the setup. Setup is properly fine! Just return with different randon Gateway address that case Internet not working...

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
hal888
Aspirant

Just don't need to wire everywhere.

Got another EX3700 and it works. Contact support and those two are hardware failure. Waste my time....

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@hal888 wrote:

I connected to the extender by wire or wireless and I cannot get access to the Interent. I found out the Gateway address is wrong. Updated the firmware and had not been solve the problem yet.

Got two brand new EX3700 and my EX2700 is working very well. Why? Can anyone help? 

Please don't return about the setup. Setup is properly fine! Just return with different randon Gateway address that case Internet not working...

Setup is key. running multiple extender isn't recommended. I usually tell people if they're needing more than 1 extender, to move to a mesh system like orbi that has something controlling the system. You'd have better stability/usage/speed versus cobbling together a system with standard exetnders. 

What firmware is on the extenders?

What router are you using? 

Did you set it up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

during setup, are you shutting off the other extenders to get it setup? 

Are you using a different ssid's for your extenders or naming them with the same ssid? 

Message 2 of 7
hal888
Aspirant

Thank you. I am using those EX3700 or EX2700 to avoid the physcial wiring in the office. I might be use more than 3-5 of them in the office. Some of them are simply connected to a IP phone!!! Or some of them connect to the old printer without wireless capacity!!!

I got a new finding last night: My router mark the EX3700 as "Inactive". (my router is Orbit.) On the EX3700 Status screen, it said it connected to the router.  I upgrade a the newest firmware and still cannot connect to Internet and still Inactive.

The gateway address is still the EX3700 IP address from my comuputer.

Why it is so difficult to make it works? I had never had any problen with EX2700!!!

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Your router is Orbit? not sure what router that is. any other info off it? 

How did you setup the EX3700? using wps or the installation assistant? 

Message 4 of 7
hal888
Aspirant

I connected the EX3700 to a computer and type in www.mynetgear.net. 

Sorry. It is Orbi Mesh.... It is not a matter here with the issue. It it NetGear firmware that cannot connect to the Router even the Status screen is connected...Thank you for your help. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

The EX3700 isn't designed to work with orbi. See this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Extending-Orbi-with-EX3700/m-p/1906680

some have gotten it marginally working but that was with 1. You're using multiple devices.

Plus the orbi's are designed for bandsteering. Which the EX3700 isn't. 

Seems a little counterproductive to have multiple ex2700's in the same office. why not just 1 running to a switch and then connect your devices to the switch? 

Message 6 of 7
hal888
Aspirant

Just don't need to wire everywhere.

Got another EX3700 and it works. Contact support and those two are hardware failure. Waste my time....

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7