× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3700 all lights on but no internet

Yakuruna
Tutor

EX3700 all lights on but no internet

Hello,

I have been using a Netgear EX7300 in extender mode for nearly a year and it has worked really well. I am connected to a BT Smart Hub router.

A few days ago the internet connection became weak and then dropped out completely. There have been no changes that I am aware of. All the lights on the extender were green.

I have done a factory reset of the EX7300 and upgraded the firmware, reconnected to the router. It worked for a few minutes then dropped again.

I then did a factory reset of the router but still same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

1. What firmware is on the extender? I know you say the latest but a number helps.

2. Are you using fastlane or just standard extender setup?

3. Have you tried changing wifi channels? sometimes neighbors change router settings and it causes interference with yours.  a channel change can help sometimes. 

4. Is it only 1 radio havingg issues or are both 2.4ghz and 5ghz having the issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. What firmware is on the extender? I know you say the latest but a number helps.

2. Are you using fastlane or just standard extender setup?

3. Have you tried changing wifi channels? sometimes neighbors change router settings and it causes interference with yours.  a channel change can help sometimes. 

4. Is it only 1 radio havingg issues or are both 2.4ghz and 5ghz having the issue. 

Message 2 of 10
Yakuruna
Tutor

Thanks for your reply Plemans, I thought it was solved as once I changed the wifi channels it worked again but only for a short time.

1. My firmware is v1.0.2.140.

2. I am not using the fastlane

3. Wifi channel change did not help

4. Both radio having the issue.

with further investigation it seems that my iPhone works ok. Also my Mac connects ok. The problem is with my PC and I see in the bottom left corner "resolving host" when my browser is trying to load the page

thanks

Chris

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

So everything but a single PC works fine? is that correct? 

If so, I'd be more inclined to think its the PC that's having the issue and not the extender. 

Message 4 of 10
Yakuruna
Tutor

Yes that's correct.

Would you have any lines of investigation with the PC? I am running windows 10.

thanks

Chris

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

What wireless adapter are you using?

Is the pc close enough you could just plug into the ethernet port on the extender?

Message 6 of 10
Yakuruna
Tutor

I am using an Apple Macbook Pro with Bootcamp loaded with Windows 10. Starting up in OS X works fine with the extender, just not from Windows. If I look at network connections in windows it says the adapter is 802.11ac Network Adapter.

I just tried connecting to the extender using an ethernet cable but I still get no internet

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

If its working while running osx, all your other devices are working, and its only when you're running windows 10 in boot camp, I'd be better on that being the issue. I'm not a mac guy so I couldn't tell you what's failing in that situation. 

Message 8 of 10
Yakuruna
Tutor

Re: EX3700 all lights on but no internet - SOLVED

Huge relief as I finally found out the cause of my problems. It appears that in a recent Windows update the Broadcom network adapter was upgraded and the new driver caused the problem.

Details of how to fix can be found here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-bootcamp-wifi-driver-update-as-well-as/1...

Thanks for your help plemans, much appreciated

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 all lights on but no internet - SOLVED

Glad to hear you got the problem narrowed down and fixed!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7