× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 constantly needs to be rebooted

walle637
Tutor

EX3700 constantly needs to be rebooted

I have an EX3700 Wi-Fi booster. When it works, it works wonderfully. About every two hours, however, the connection just drops. The devices will still be "connected" to the booster, but it appears on the devices as "Connected but no Internet." If you try to go to a website, it reads "Cannot obtain IP address." 

The only solution that works is just unplugging the booster and plugging it back in, but this only lasts for a few hours before the connection drops again. I've replaced the booster with the same model via Amazon's return policy, and the new booster did the exact same thing. 

I have tried updating the firmware, resetting the booster, and renaming my router, and nothing has worked. 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 constantly needs to be rebooted

What router are you connecting it to? 

Did you set it up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

What firmware is on the extender?

Message 2 of 6
walle637
Tutor

My modem is a Ubee dvw32cb.

I used the installation assistant.

The firmware version on my booster is V1.0.0.94_1.0.61

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for replying!

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Looked up that router and its not exactly a rock star device. Not saying its the issue but its a pretty base model/poorly coded device. 

Message 4 of 6
walle637
Tutor

Do you think there are any settings that I could change on the modem to help the modem->booster connection? I have access to the modem's internal settings.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

you could try setting the extender with a static ip address in the router? 

You could also try changing what wireless channel the router is broadcasting on in case there's interference. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7