× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 - keeps connecting to WiFi Range Extender instead of primary network

vkhant
Aspirant

EX3700 - keeps connecting to WiFi Range Extender instead of primary network

I have installed AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition (model EX3700).  It is setup in our upstairs bedroom close to my daughter's room who needed wireless access for her mobile device and desktop computer.

The issue I have is we have a Netgear RangeMax wireless router (model WPN824v2) installed in my downstairs office and my office computer keeps connecting to the WiFi Range Extender network (I have it named Huckman_2GEXT) instead of the primary network (Huckman) which is setup right in my office.

My computer will only authenticate with the primary network.  So I need to re-coonnect each time to my primary network.

I want my office computer to recognize the primary network first so it makes that connection first without looking at the extender.

Anyone have this issue?

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX3700 - keeps connecting to WiFi Range Extender instead of primary network

Hello vkhant 

You may want to check out this article on how to prioritize your wifi connections 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2526067

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vkhant 

You may want to check out this article on how to prioritize your wifi connections 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2526067

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
vkhant
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

this was what I needed.  I am now able to connect successfully to my primary network.

Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7