× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 password not accepted

chriscarlander
Aspirant

EX3700 password not accepted

Hi,
Firstly;
I've managed to set it up through Google Chrome (or at least get the mywifiext wizard to work) but when I try to log into the 2GEXT or 5GEXT Wifi links on the Wifi list, my wifi password doesn't work. It'll work if I try to log back onto my original Wifi link. 

Secondly:
Can you set up more than one extender in the house?

Cheers!
Chris

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3700 password not accepted

What router are you connecting it to? 

What firmware is on the extender? 

You used the installation assistant and not wps? 

You can use more than 1 extender but I'd recommend setting them up in a star configuration and not daisy chained. 

star:  extender<------router------>extender

daisy chain: router------>extender------->extender

reason why is standard single/dual band extenders take a 50% speed hit just based on how they have to work. they have to send/receive to router and then to device and they can't do both at once. so they take a 50% speed hit from whatever signal they're getting. If you have a 2nd extender in line, its running at 25% speed. Its why I usually recommend people move to a mesh system like orbi if they're needing to daisy chain. 

Message 2 of 3
chriscarlander
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 password not accepted

Hi,

the router is a Technicolor TG588. I followed the instructions for WPS and then with ethernet cable and then via Chrome, so the laptop registers there are the two extensions but won't accept password..

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7