× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 setup problem. "no internet" response using Android

seattlehiker
Aspirant

EX3700 setup problem. "no internet" response using Android

I've been trying to set up the EX3700 wifi extender for several days. WPS doesn't work so I did a factory reset and got the Netgear EXT readout in my Android Wifi manager and then used a its Chrome browser and the proper IP address and got to the set up site.

I went though all the security answers, email address, user name and it connected to my router and I input the current router passphrase. It accepted all that, did its processing and kicked me back out to my wifi manager and now the name of my existing router address showed up with the 2GEXT added to that address.

It automatically tried to authenticate and then returned the message "connected:no internet"

I've done a Google search and others have had this problem but I've seen no actual solution.

I actually have internet of course, the password entered in the setup was the same one that I actually am using on the router. Now I can't get back into the set up (although what good would that do) because the NetgearEXT address goes away after you get this far into the setup and you can't get back there with the new address showing "no internet".

I've tried this several times, doing a factory reset beforehand of course. There are no mistakes being made on my part, the set up program and the extender are doing what they are supposed to do at each step along the way until it gets to that last step.

What is the solution here?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
seattlehiker
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 setup problem. "no internet" response using Android

Just to be clear. I have wifi using my router directly. My Android phone can connect to my router wifi. When I try to use my phone to connect to the wifi extender address that's when it says "no internet".

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @seattlehiker, sorry for the late response. Did you get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 3 of 5
seattlehiker
Aspirant

I got it to work but I'm not quite sure how. I tried it with an older phone and I got it to work. Then when I tried it with my new phone that then worked?

Anyway, it works now. It's a bit sporatic in that sometimes it has 3 green lights, sometimes, they are yellow or one might be red. Later, without me doing anything, they are green again.

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the update. Let us know if the issue ill persist.

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7