× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3800 not booting/starting up

childofthesea
Initiate

EX3800 not booting/starting up

Quite a long time ago now, after downloading a firmware update, my EX3800 wouldn't start up correctly, so I ended up buying a refurbished EX3700 to replace it and am still using that currently.  The problem with the EX3800 is still present.  What happens when I plug it in is that the power indicator light comes on with a solid amber color at first, as it should, then it starts to pulse green and just stays that way.  Does anyone know of a solution?  Is there a switch or something inside that I can get to if I can open up the device?

Model: EX3800|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

I would start with a factory reset. many just hit the button. Push and hold the button for 7-15 seconds or until the lights change. 

You can also try recovering it via a tftp update. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I would start with a factory reset. many just hit the button. Push and hold the button for 7-15 seconds or until the lights change. 

You can also try recovering it via a tftp update. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Message 2 of 3
childofthesea
Initiate

Thank you very much for your response to my inquiry.  I had already tried the factory reset button several times with no success, so I tried the tftp update.  That did the trick!  I am very pleased and grateful for your help.

Model: EX3800|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7