× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 Access Point Setup and Configuration

tennesseegal99
Follower

EX6100 Access Point Setup and Configuration

Dear Community, I hope you can help. I have a Cox Panoramic Modem/Wifi Router hardwired to a Linksys Network Switch. On each side of my house, I have the Netgear EX6100 AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender/Access Point, which both are also hardwired into my Linksys Switch. I want to use the EX6100 as an Access Point to boost the WiFi signal. 

My question is about the configuration settings. I have my laptop (Windows), and log into the EX6100 IP address. The EX6100 hardware is switched to Access Point. In the configuration settings, what do I name my EX6100 Access Point so that I don't have 2 additional EXT networks. I was told that if I name it the same as my SSID the EX6100 will get confused and not work correctly. 

The manual has one page "Install the Exter as an Access Point" (page #16) https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6100/EX6100_UM_11Apr2014.pdf. So it's not really helpful at all. 

All I want is to use my hardwired ports and my EX6100 at each end of the house to broadcast the same WiFi signal as my centralized router to have a stronger WiFi signal - not having multiple EXT networks. How do I configure the settings to make this work? Any guidance you can give would be much appreciated. 

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7