× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 Access Point Setup

BWFull
Aspirant

EX6100 Access Point Setup

I had to factory reset my access point/extender. I'm trying to perform a new setup, for which a part is to create a new account. I can successfully access mywifiext.net, get to the page to enter my information, however when I click next it recycles back to the "New Extender Setup" page. I've tried it on a variety of browsers with the same experience.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6100 Access Point Setup

Hi @BWFull,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
BWFull
Aspirant

UPDATE:

Now when I click "next" nothing happens. Hate having to pay $50 for support for a setup issue.

Message 2 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BWFull,

Welcome to the community!

1. Please try using another device (another computer, mobile device).

2. Please make sure that you do not have any extensions that may block content (AdBlock).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 10
BWFull
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion @DexterJB. I disabled pop up blocker in Firefox and that caused the page to refresh back to "New Extender Setup". I attempted on a different laptop without any ad blockers and had a similar experience.

Message 4 of 10
BWFull
Aspirant

UPDATE: Safari gives me this URL when I click "Next" on the setup page.

http://mywifiext.net/%22);%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20var%20errorCode%20=%20parseInt(retStr%...

Message 5 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BWFull,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 6 of 10
BWFull
Aspirant

Thank you for your help, Dexter. The troubleshooting was extensive, and the root cause seemed to be an issue with my router assiging a different IP address to the extender. Also, registration of the extender with the router was not timely as internet speeds were a crawl, causing webpages to time out. 

We ended up configuring the device as an extender and not an access point. The good news is that all is presently working as expected.

Message 7 of 10
Lollo2000
Aspirant

Hi,

I've the same problem!

I must reconfigure my EX6100 after Factory/Reset. I cannot configure because I cannot to do the nex step.

the browser return in the first page with:

http://192.168.1.250/%22);%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20var%20errorCode%20=%20parseInt(retStr[...

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
BWFull
Aspirant

Unfortunately the troubleshooting required the assistance of a L2 engineer. They accessed my system to perform root cause analysis and device configuration. 

Message 9 of 10
Lollo2000
Aspirant

Thank you very much!!!

I think I will buy a new extender! 😞

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos