× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 Access Point

lbit
Aspirant

EX6100 Access Point

I have the EX6100 configured as an access point, connected to my cable modem via ethernet cable.  I am trying 2 different locations in my home to determine the best coverage.  In one location, the ethernet port on the EX6100 blinks amber.  In another location, it is solid green.  The device works in both locations, but I'm assuming there is some difference since the port has a different indicator light.  What do the lights mean?

Message 1 of 3
lbit
Aspirant

Re: EX6100 Access Point

I need to add the following information - when I get the solid green light on the EX6100 ethernet port, it is connected via ethernet cable homerun to the cable modem/router.  When I get the blinking amber light, it is connected via ethernet cable to a gigabit switch that is then connected to the cable modem/router.  The switch indicates gigabit connectivity.

Message 2 of 3
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6100 Access Point

Hi lbit,

The green light indicates best connection and the amber light indicates good connection

Please see page 6 of 47: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6100/EX6100_UM_11Apr2014.pdf

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7