× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 Access Points

WaltS
Aspirant

EX6100 Access Points

I'm trying to use two EX6100s in a church with steel beams and floors. I've run two Cat 5e lines to different locations. I set the first up and it works great.  But when trying to configure the second, my browser picks up the weak signal from the first rather that the second.  What is the best solution?  Shut the first unit down, do the install on the second and restart the first?  Something else?  Can I use the same SSID and keys on both devices or must they be different?

Thanks for the help.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6100 Access Points

Hello Walts

Yea I would turn one off to set up the other one or you would have to go to your main routers attached devices page and find the IP of the second Ex6100 and use that in your web browser to get to the extenders GUI.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello WaltS

You may want to factory reset the second one try the setup again. Also try to adjust your wireless channel on your main router to get the best signal on the router and the extender. As for the name you can have them named the same but it could cause some issues since they are all individual wifi networks so they will not hand off the wifi signal to the best signal if you are moving around.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
WaltS
Aspirant

This gets me some of the way to a solution. Again, I'm using these devices as access points, NOT extenders, so the discussion regarding wireless channels does not seem relevant, or am I missing something? I'm trying resets on both devices and setting each up with the other turned off to see if I can get them working correctly.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Walts

Yea I would turn one off to set up the other one or you would have to go to your main routers attached devices page and find the IP of the second Ex6100 and use that in your web browser to get to the extenders GUI.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7