× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 Range Extender Connecting to two different wifi networks

MJSNet
Follower

EX6100 Range Extender Connecting to two different wifi networks

I have a Range Extender (EX6100) that connects to 2.4 and 5GHz wireless routers. Is it possible to connect the 2.4Ghz to one wireless router and the 5GHz to another? I would like to select which network uses my hotspot and which uses my home wireless router from the one extender. I noticed that there are two separate entries in the setup to select SSID and provide credentials for each network. I tried to set it up the way I am referencing, but it doesn't seem to work (the EX6100 starting behaving erratically.) Not sure if I did it correctly or if it is even possible.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: EX6100 Range Extender Connecting to two different wifi networks

Interesting question, and one I haven't seen before (or tried).

I think this should be possible, but you might need to set the extender itself to use a static IP address - perhaps one on the router network.  Then you'd adminster the extender settings from the extended router network (or the main router network).  Probably best not to use the ethernet port either.

You might find that the extender won't reliably join the hotspot network when you turn on the hotspot though.

Let us know if you can get this to work satisfactorily.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7