× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 WiFi Range Extender not creating new network names

Fusc
Follower

EX6100 WiFi Range Extender not creating new network names

Hi all. New here. Just bought an EX6100 wifi extender. Went through wps setup per manual and everything seemed fine based on what the manual said the lights should be doing. Two tablets, two smart phones and one laptop all do not see the new network names that the ext are suppose to create. They see the device default name. So I log into the device to set up manually and it tells me that its already linked to my network, even gives me the main name and the two new names its supposed to create. Did factory reset and tried again, everything went as before with same result. And before you say it, 🙂 im doing all this testing in the same room as my router/wifi so range is not a consideration. Any suggestions??? Tom

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6100 WiFi Range Extender not creating new network names

Hello Fusc, 

Thank you for your post. Just to clarify, you're able to change the network name (SSID) of the extender but you are unable to locate the new network name on your wireless devices? Instead, they only see the default _EXT network name? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series