× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100 always defaults to "NEW EXTENDER SETUP" when entering it's IP address in browser.

VernoF
Follower

EX6100 always defaults to "NEW EXTENDER SETUP" when entering it's IP address in browser.

Hi community,  Hoping someone has the solution please.

My EX6100 always defaults to "NEW EXTENDER SETUP" when entering it's IP address in browser.  Not only that if I then enter try to complete the password and security questions, the "NEXT: remains greyed out and unable to proceed to next page. Only the "BACK" button is active to click on.

Previously to this problem, I did a firmware update and since then, the EX6100 stopped working completely.

1. I did a factory reset and unable to setup.

2. I have tried using url's mywifiext.net or mywifiext.com to no avail. The webpage always defaults to "NEW EXTENDER SETUP".

3. I have cleared the browsers history cache

4. I have use a patch cable to directly connect EX6100 to laptop

Your help greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6100 always defaults to "NEW EXTENDER SETUP" when entering it's IP address in browser.

Hello VernoF

It could be a issue with the extender itself consider contacting Netgear support to troubleshoot or even RMA the extender.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7