× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100

Seatrout
Follower

EX6100

I have been having trouble with my connection in the garden and Netflix buffering over the last few weeks so did a speed test on the signal the EX6100 was providing.

My IP is Virgin Media and if I connect my Ipad to the router wifi signal and speed test (in the same room and next to the EX6100) I get download speeds over 200Mbps and upload speeds of 14Mbps or more on both the 2.4 and 5 channels .Connect my Ipad to the EX6100 signal and I am only getting 3 to 4 Mbps download and 10 upload on both channels

Checked firmware and its fully up to date (1.0.2.24)

So has the EX6100 died, or is this is the sort of performance to expect after a few years?

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6100

A couple things.

1. it could be interference. Try changing the wifi bands you're broadcasting on. 

2. It could be a settings causing an issues. Sometimes firmware updates and old settings can cause problems. It never hurts to try a factory reset and reinstall.

3. it could be corrupt firmware. Again, it does happen. You can try re-installing the firmware, resetting, and reinstalling. A reset  only clears out settings, it doesn't reload the firmware. so thats why a re-install of the firmware can sometimes help

4. Try moving the extender. Things in the walls can cause blockage such as hvac, foil lined insulation, ducting, or even a metal outlet box that extender could be plugged into could be in the way. Sometimes a lateral move, closer/further away can significantly help reduce that blockage. I know you tested where the extender was but you're probably standing while you test. 

5. Router. Whatt router are you testing with? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7