× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100

BradBates
Aspirant

EX6100

My extender will not re-connect after a service outage.  My service is through my phone provider via DSL.  It is a remote location.  Only way to get it to re-connect is to power cycle the thing.  I'm wondering if some of my settings are not aligned properly.  The extender is connected to my Netgear Nighthawk R7000P/AC2300 router.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6100

When you get it connected, what does it show under the extenders status page for connection back to the router? 

did you set it up using wps? or the installation assistant? 

Message 2 of 5
BradBates
Aspirant

I used the installation assistant.  I am thinking something is not configured correctly otherwise it would reconnect on it's own after a service disruption on my main router.  Unfortunately it's an offsite location (lake house) and I am 75 miles away.  I can power cycle the thing and it will connect but I'm not always there.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Not ideal but a smart switch that you could plug the extend into to cycle the power on/off on the extender for when you're not there. 

Not sure why its not auto-connecting after a power going down. sometimes its the router starts up before the modem/extender and causes connection issues initially

Message 4 of 5
BradBates
Aspirant

I'm thinking I like your idea of a smart switch to remotely power cycle the wifi extender when it hangs up.  My setup is such that a smart switch or smart plug would have enough signal to connect it to my main router enabling me to access it when needed to cycle the wifi adapter plugged into it.  Thanks for the idea.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7