× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6100v Extender won't connect to router

MikeVTA
Aspirant

EX6100v Extender won't connect to router

New extender will not connect to router.  After several attempts to set up (reset to factory settings each time), when I get to "Connect any WIFI enabled device..", the extender does not connect to my Netgear router.  Laptop recognizes both the router and the extender but extender won't connect to router.  Password is not the issue, at least it shouldn't be.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting to? 

what firmware is on th extender? 

Did you setup via wps? if so, factory reset and redo the install using the installation wizard. 

Message 2 of 4
MikeVTA
Aspirant

Connecting to a Netgear model 3700 router.  I have no idea about the firmware.  It's whatever Netgear provides with this extender.

I did not set up via WPS, and yet the WPS LED lights up after partial setup.  I've rebooted both the router and extender in addtion to resetting extender to factory settings.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Which 3700 model router? Whats the full model number? 

And firmware is important for both of them. they both should have it on their status pages. 

Go to netgear.com/support/  and type in their full model number. From there you can get the manual. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7