× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6100v2 No Gigabit Ethernet

ov10mech
Star

EX6100v2 No Gigabit Ethernet

This unit advertsies is has a Fast 1GB ethernet physical port.   I have tried to connect it to several 1GB clients and even forced 1gb/full through the NIC settings.  I am using a new CAT5e cable tested on other gb connections.   I have latest firmware.

Tried chatting with NG support and all they wanted to talk about is wireless speeds.  

Before I put back in box and return to store ar there any solutions to fix?  

• Hardware Version: EX6100v2
  • Firmware Version: V1.0.1.98

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ov10mech
Star

I got this Fixed.   Although Cat 5e cabled are supposed to run at 1gb for some reason this adapter doesnt like them.  The cables I have work fine on other switches.  I ordered a Cat 6 cable and it went in at 1GB first time.  Case closed.   Now getting 250mbps vs 100mbps on the bandwith.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

it does have a gigabit ethernet connection. but its an AC750 extender. 

so the best link speed (not the same as actual speed) that it'll connect to your router at is 433mbps on 5ghz and 300mbps on 2.4ghz. 

Of which neither is going to hit those speeds. both because of wireless network overhead as well as distance/obstructions/interference on wireless. 

What actual speeds do you get hardwired in? 

And what router are you connecting it to? 

Message 2 of 8
ov10mech
Star

Yes I understand about being limited to the WIFI.  The ETH interface is only connecting in at 100mbps .  Se I am being limited to 100mbps and I have a 250mbps internet connection

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

the interface on what is showing that? 

Did you ensure you're using cat 5e or better cables? 

Have you tried different devices? 

Message 4 of 8
ov10mech
Star

Yes tried diff devices.  All work fine with 1GB except this Netgear device.  As mentioned in the original post cat  5e. Interface on a laptop or one of my servers in the link speed. 

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

so you're connecting your laptop to it? 

And you tried a different computer? 

Have you looked at the ethernet connector on the extender to see if its got a bent/corroded pin? 

Message 6 of 8
ov10mech
Star

I got this Fixed.   Although Cat 5e cabled are supposed to run at 1gb for some reason this adapter doesnt like them.  The cables I have work fine on other switches.  I ordered a Cat 6 cable and it went in at 1GB first time.  Case closed.   Now getting 250mbps vs 100mbps on the bandwith.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it fixed!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements