× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6100v2 loses connection every hour

mgrova
Aspirant

EX6100v2 loses connection every hour

Hi,

First of all, I want to say that I am not a very techy person, so I don't completely understand what I am talking about. That being said, my problem is that the EX6100v2 wifi extender loses connection every hour. I will be usuallyplaying a video game and my internet will turn off and then turn back on, but it will disconnect me from my game, causing mme to have to restart it completely. At first I thought it would randomly do this, but then I noticed that it happenes almost exactly in one hour intervals. Other than that, the extender works fine, and I definitley notice the better internet in those one hour intervals. 

I have no idea how to fix this problem, and when I turned to Google, the main answwer I found was that my router was dynamically sending my extender a new IP address every hour and that I can change it to make it have one IP Address. So, I went to the extender settings and changed the setting to a static IP address, but this did not help. I also saw mentions of exxtending the time between each IP address change, but I could not find a setting for that. Any help would be appreciated, and maybe dumb down the answers like your talking to a two year old because again, I have no knowledge in this stuff whatsoever. 

Thank you!!!

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @mgrova,

May I know if this happens only on the device from which you play video game or happens on all devices? What device was that and is it connected to 2.4 or 5GHz of extender? Did you witness similar issue on any device connected wireless to your router?

Message 2 of 4
mgrova
Aspirant

It’s the most notable on my windows laptop (I don’t know the exact model but it is definitely a dell) and my Xbox one because I am usually playing video games for two to three hours at a time and can actually see the timing. Those devices are connected to the 5g extender. However, I have noticed a couple of times when on my phone watching YouTube or Netflix that I will all of a sudden lose WiFi connection, and my phone is connected to the 2g extender. I can also add that I’ve noticed it lose connection when I was simply using Google Docs on my laptop, so it doesn’t have to do with it not being able to process the video games or something like that.
Message 3 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @mgrova,

Check for firmware upgraded if any and try to reset and reconfigure extender. Also, modify wireless channel on your router to see if that resolve your issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7