× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6100v2 will not connect to router

afmarsh
Guide

EX6100v2 will not connect to router

After reading back in this forum I see a lot of people having the same issue as I am for quite some time, with no resolution (I did reply to one from the other day). 

My EX6100v2 has been working fine for the past 13 months. Two days ago the router LED went blank. I tried everything to get it back to life - factory reset(s), setup with WPS, Installation assistant and Nighthawk app with no luck. The extender sees the router, sets up the two EXT networks, but never gets an internet connection.

i have a FIOS Quantum Gateway Router - also 13 months old. Planned obsolescence? Hope not.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
jasonmc100
Aspirant

@afmarsh 

I managed to solve my issue. I was also experiencing connectivity issues with select other devices which were all previously on the netowrk without issue. I ran across this in the Fios community and it worked. After making these changes, all devices including my EX6100v2 connected almost immediately after the updates went through. Appoligies for not giving credit to the user who posted the solution in the Fios community.

"...see if disabling SON helps by logging into router at myfiosgateway.com and go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
afmarsh
Guide

Dang I just realized the unit was bought in April this year. Is this a warranty issue maybe then??

Message 2 of 8
afmarsh
Guide

They're sending me a replacement. Something tells me there's problems with this model they're aware of...

Message 3 of 8
jasonmc100
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues...just researching the boards but have done all the same troubleshooting. Just stopped working on 9/14 or 9/15. Also using Fios gateway with the EX6100v2.

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 8
jasonmc100
Aspirant

@afmarsh 

I managed to solve my issue. I was also experiencing connectivity issues with select other devices which were all previously on the netowrk without issue. I ran across this in the Fios community and it worked. After making these changes, all devices including my EX6100v2 connected almost immediately after the updates went through. Appoligies for not giving credit to the user who posted the solution in the Fios community.

"...see if disabling SON helps by logging into router at myfiosgateway.com and go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off"

Message 5 of 8
afmarsh
Guide

hmmmm that's when mine went down too. Weird.

I'll know soon if mine was defective, they're replacing it since it's under a year old. Will update here.

Message 6 of 8
afmarsh
Guide

Off to try that. 

Message 7 of 8
afmarsh
Guide

Thank you SO much, that worked! Kudos to the person on the FiOS site, too.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7