× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6110 Connection Issues

ciaranburke
Aspirant

EX6110 Connection Issues

Hi . I have a newly purchased EX6110. I have tried set up's using both quick guide and NetGear Installation assistant. In both cases the extender installs initially (both 2,4 and 5g) and all lights are green however when you leave the area where the extension is created and subsequently return it wont work - it just states "No Internet Connection". Has anyone else experienced this ?Tried logging a chat cakk with Netgear but they appear to be offline. Thanks , Ciaran

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6110 Connection Issues

1. What firmware is on the extender?

2. What router are you connecting to?

3. when you say 'when you leave the area where the extension is created and subsequently return it wont work', is the phone switching over to the extender or are you manually switching it? 

4. Have you tried setting a static ip address for the extender in your primary router?

5. Are you using the same ssid for the extender as you are the router or are they seperate? 

6. how far from the router is the extender? 

7. What are your interior walls materials?

8. What are all the leds on the extender doing? color/blinking/solid. be specific. I can't see it. 

Message 2 of 6
ciaranburke
Aspirant

Hi Plemans, Did you see my previous reply to your message, Netgear have sent me an acknowledgement badge for my reply on 30th December but I don't see it in the reply history, Shall i reply again?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ciaranburke wrote:

Hi Plemans, Did you see my previous reply to your message, Netgear have sent me an acknowledgement badge for my reply on 30th December but I don't see it in the reply history, Shall i reply again?

yes, I don't see any replies. 

Message 4 of 6
ciaranburke
Aspirant

Hi , again I have replied and have received badge fron NetGear but an not seeing it on the forum . Are you seeing it . Thanks Plemans,

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If its not showing up in the forum post, I can't see it. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7