× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6110 Entering correct Password when connecting device but won;t connect says password is wrong

FurHead
Aspirant

EX6110 Entering correct Password when connecting device but won;t connect says password is wrong

I have set up my range extender and it has connected succesfully with my router. When trying to connect to my extender, for both the 2GEXT and 5 GEXT bands then the password of the router is entered (as the instructions tell you to do so) on the device is entered, but it won't connect to the extender because it says the password is wrong.

It use to work on my old router but not with my new router.

How do I fix this?

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6110 Entering correct Password when connecting device but won;t connect says password is wrong

If you hardwire into the extender and type mywifiext.net you should be able to access the settings page. From there you can control the ssid and password. I'd make sure the password is indeed correct that you're entering. 

Message 2 of 8
FurHead
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,

Thanks for that solution. However, how do I hard wire to the EX6110 extender. There doesn't seem to be a USB port or similar on it to connect to?

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Sorry. Was thinking of a different model
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

have you tried resetting it back to factory, connecting to the extenders wifi manually (wifi name and password should be on the device for defaults), and then manually going through the smart setup wizard?

Message 5 of 8
FurHead
Aspirant

How do I connect to it manually? there is no WiFi name or password for the extender by itself. Also, no device can connect to it, so I can't communicate to it.

Is it possibel; to reset it to factory settings by some hidden combination of pressing buttons on it?

Rest button does not appear to do this.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

There is a factory reset button on the side of the extender. The manual also have different means of accessing it versus wps. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6110.aspx

Message 7 of 8
Dmytro47
Aspirant

Device lite is blank

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7