I have successfully been able to connect my wifi extender to my router but it does not take the same password. According to the instruction for the set up it should take the same password but it don't . How can I find the password that belongs to this device??
here's what I'd do.
1. reset it back to factory by holding reset for 7-10 seconds.
2. by resetting, it'll allow the factory ssid and password to work.
3. From there, you can manually login into it (mywifiext.net) and set it up using the install wizard and not wps. this tends to have the best results. Plus you can update firmware from here as well to make sure you're up to date.
Couple questions if this doesn't work.
1. What router are you connecting to?
2. What firmware is on the extender?
3. did you try any of the other install methods?
here's your support site with troubleshooting, manuals, firmware.