× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6110

RAYJO14
Aspirant

EX6110

I replaced my router. I followed the instructions for adding the extender. The extender is recognized by my computer. When I try to rejoin it states that it is an incorrect password. I am entering the new password in correctly. I tried the password for the old router also. It states that it also is incorrect. I have tried other devices. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Re: EX6110

Which router?
Which instructions?
Did you factory reset the extender?
Message 2 of 7
RAYJO14
Aspirant

Router: Sagemcom Model FAST5280 via Windstream

Instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOo_gs5vBw

Factory Reset: Yes. Using a paperclip and holding the Reset button for 15 seconds. I can verify it was reset.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Not sure if its that model but on of the sagemcom's had issues adding extenders. From any provider. Again, not saying its that one but I recall an issue with one of them

Message 4 of 7
RAYJO14
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. It's always good to get an answer from a guru. The router recognizes the extender. It is the password where the hang up is. I'm wondering if there is a factory issued default password I need to access...Nevertheless, there are a lot of people like me out there who appreciate people like you who have a mastery over technology issues. Thanks for helping.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

any spaces/special characters in the ssid/password? A few devices have issues with those. 

What firmware is on the extender?

Message 6 of 7
RAYJO14
Aspirant

There is nothing tricky about the password. Also, I have no idea what type of firmware I have (I had to look up what it was). Thanks again for taking this question seriously. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series