× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6120 Firmware Update

GerhardS
Tutor

EX6120 Firmware Update

Using the EX6120 without any problems for a couple of years, but after a move I had to reinstall my network and did an update on the firmware as well. Done this update, the unit is working properly in the network, but I cannot access via the Web browser anymore. The firmware installed actually is version 1.0.0.54

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

when you're trying to access it are you using the mywifiext . net or the ip address? 

Try logging into the speedport and finding the IP address for the extender and use that to connect to it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway did you connect it to? 

Message 2 of 8
GerhardS
Tutor

A Speedport W 724V Typ C

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

when you're trying to access it are you using the mywifiext . net or the ip address? 

Try logging into the speedport and finding the IP address for the extender and use that to connect to it. 

Message 4 of 8
GerhardS
Tutor

Just to ensure: the extender is working in my network, ie I can use as an AP but to access the unit themselves to check, modify etc as I did in the past via a web browser will not work.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

understood. 

But how are you trying to access it? Via mywifiext . net or using its ip address? 

What error is it giving you?

Message 6 of 8
GerhardS
Tutor

Great, this worked - can access the extender as usual! Thank you

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

glad it worked!

Message 8 of 8