× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 NO router light/connection unless cable is plugged in from router

matthes134
Follower

EX6120 NO router light/connection unless cable is plugged in from router

I have installed a EX6120 AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender with little sucess.
While plugged into a cable from my router to the EX6120 ethernet port, I get the extender to register with router to work (green router light is on and i can connect my phone to it successfully). but once i disconnect the cable fom the router, i lose the Router light on the EX6120. I see both my wireless connections and it goes thru the wizard to connect tothe router. I have WPA2-personal [AES]+ WPA3-personal turned on for authentication But noticed the extender doenst have the same to match the settings on the router. Do i need to scale back my router authentication settings to match the extender? I have tried different channels and also tried different parts
of the house but unless the wire is connected to the extender i dont get anything to work thru it.

the default setting is
Security Protocol: WPA2-PSK [TKIP]
Password (network key):

Router is a NightHawk Hardware Version RAX120 Router Firmware Version V1.0.2.136

Ex6120 AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender

Hardware Version EX6120  Firmware Version V1.0.0.54_1.0.34

When wire is connected it displays = Security type is WPA2-PSK[AES]
Show both wireless networks fine?

Connection to Existing Network (2.4GHz)

Connection Type Ethernet
Connection Status Connected

Connection to Existing Network (5GHz)

Connection Type Ethernet
Connection Status Connected

Not sure what to do??

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender