× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 connected, but no internet

endorphin
Aspirant

EX6120 connected, but no internet

My two EX6120 wif extenders stopped working after I changed router to ASUS RT-AC88U

AFter a factory reset and latest firware update . I can connect to the Extender, but No Internet

I checked PC ipconfig, it got default gateway 192.168.1.250. When I assign static IP and static gateway 192.168.1.1 everything works on PC. So, it looks like the extender assigns wrong default gateway to connected PC

And strange thing 2 of my extenders do not work...  is there is a way to fix it?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
endorphin
Aspirant

Re: EX6120 connected, but no internet

SOLVED

In hope if it can help somebody one day, posting my answer

The ASUS router RT-AC88U have weird feature "Airtime Fairness", set it to DISABLED

It is on the Wireless>Professional settings section. Worked after that for me.  Router reboot no required.

The feature purpose to increase router range, but caused problem to my extenders and wireless printer

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
endorphin
Aspirant

Re: EX6120 connected, but no internet

SOLVED

In hope if it can help somebody one day, posting my answer

The ASUS router RT-AC88U have weird feature "Airtime Fairness", set it to DISABLED

It is on the Wireless>Professional settings section. Worked after that for me.  Router reboot no required.

The feature purpose to increase router range, but caused problem to my extenders and wireless printer

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7