× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6120 refuses the existing WIFI password

DirkHoornaert
Aspirant

EX6120 refuses the existing WIFI password

The set-up worked fine. I can see the extended WIFInetwork names on the tablet. the 2.4 as well as the 5.0 extentions.

However... I cannot link on to them as the device refuses the existing wifi password.

What can I do?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DirkHoornaert, welcome to the community! Are there other devices that can connect to the extended network using the same password? Please make sure that the password is correct by logging in to the extender UI and verifying it.

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
DirkHoornaert
Aspirant

Netgear support asked me to configurate the extender manually, what I did. 

The network is now operational... however, somethimes the manually programmed new passwords are somethimes refused, and somethimes accepted. Strange, but all-in-all the thing wordks.

Regards,

Dirk

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DirkHoornaert, thanks for the update. Please continue to observe the situation. You may also try changing the wireless channel from your main wireless router and see if it will be more consistent.

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DirkHoornaert, I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7