× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 wifi range extender/ WPS green light does not come on/ 2EXT is weak/ 1_5GEXT fast

kaka_ali
Follower

EX6120 wifi range extender/ WPS green light does not come on/ 2EXT is weak/ 1_5GEXT fast

i installed the extender, all green lights come on except WPS. i tried many times holding it or pressing it simulatenously but green light doesnt remain after blinking. i followed the guide book and managed to even connect the extender on its IP settings. hence how it led me to register my product on this website. Despite connecting on extender the green light doesnt come on. i dont know how to figure what charter it is but none the less i need a solution. Turned extender off and on but WPS still doesnt remain. Despite the WPS not on it still shows as extended wifi on my devices. allows me to connect. is this normal/possible despite WPS not connecting (though i connected it via IP settings online of extender.

secondly i can only see WIFI NAME 2GEXT, i cannot see 5 unless 1_5 GEXT belongs to my wifi even though the WIFI name is not showing.  if im missing 5GEXT please advise how to get it on. and if i already have 5GEXT, why is that near the router  the 5GEXT works faster than the WIFE NAME 2 GEXT?

Thirdly, do i need to connect to these extender wifi depending on how far i am away from th router?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6120 wifi range extender/ WPS green light does not come on/ 2EXT is weak/ 1_5GEXT fast

@kaka_ali wrote:

is this normal/possible despite WPS not connecting (though i connected it via IP settings online of extender.---yes, if you set it up using the installation assistant (using the browser) for the wps light to not be on. 

secondly i can only see WIFI NAME 2GEXT, i cannot see 5 unless 1_5 GEXT belongs to my wifi even though the WIFI name is not showing. ----Log into the extender using its ip address (found in the routers attached devices page) and see what you have the 5ghz ssid setup for. Thats they best way to check. We can't tell you without being there what you set your 5ghz for. Or if your device you're accessing it with even has 5ghz without details of what you're using to scan for ssids.  if im missing 5GEXT please advise how to get it on.---first check to see what your ssid is and see if its on.  and if i already have 5GEXT, why is that near the router  the 5GEXT works faster than the WIFE NAME 2 GEXT?---because 5ghz is a faster network than 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz is a slow network and sensitive to interference. 5ghz is much faster but doesn't broadcast as far. 

Thirdly, do i need to connect to these extender wifi depending on how far i am away from th router?---Need? no. you can connect to which ever you want. But if you have a half decent connection to the router, its going to be faster than the extender. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7