× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150/AC1200 WiFi range extender, wont connect to WPS

taikhau
Aspirant

EX6150/AC1200 WiFi range extender, wont connect to WPS

I can't seem to connect my extender to the wifi. I am trying to do this with the extender in the same room. I have factory resetted it just in case and tried connecting it via WPS and manually through internet browser. Using the NetGear genie also doesn't seem to be working as it can't pick up any of my network names. I don't think connecting my extender to the router should be difficult but nothing i have done seems to be working. Any/all help very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: EX6150/AC1200 WiFi range extender, wont connect to WPS

Hi @taikhau,

WPS may not work if wireless security on your main router is WEP or WPS was disabled on it. When you attempt web browser method, what error are you getting so that I can guide you with right steps.

Message 2 of 4
taikhau
Aspirant

Step 7 in the manual says to select a WiFi netowrk to extend. This is where I cannot continue as neither of my Wifi networks are showing up but I can see my neighbours wifi networks on the list. 

Message 3 of 4
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @taikhau,

Please check for your wireless network name_EXT in available list and get connected to it with same password as your wireless network.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7