× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150 dropping

Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

EX6150 dropping

My extender seems to not accepting the wifi password when trying to join it, i have triple checked it thousands of times and my iPhone 6Plus and my sisters iPhone 4 can join it, but both my parenTs iPad (iPad Mini and iPad 2) can not join the network only on Netgear Guest conected it can but not the password SSID. 

Also I always drop connectioon and goes red every now and again but still keeps me connected on both SSID 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks.

Any hints or tips. I am usually okay with this stuff but this has left my puzzle i have the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 both firmwares are up to date

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6150 dropping

Hello Deaf_Raiders1

You may want to change the security type on the extender and change the SSID and tell your devices to forget the network and then try to reconnect to the extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

The security type is the same as the router. Why would the SSID need to be changed? It extending the wifi from the router upstairs.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Deaf_Raiders1 

I am just suggesting to to this to troubleshoot see if it will make a difference if some settings are messed up or not.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7