× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150 internet connection issues

chrisrexOSU
Follower

EX6150 internet connection issues

Hello, apologies if this question is already posted elsewhere.  I just bought an EX6150 Range Extender to supplement my N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router.  Both are dual band, 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz.  I am actually having two problems with the range extender.

1.  The 5Ghz network won't connect to the internet and this is only a problem when using the extender, it's fine when it's just the router/modem.

2.  If I plug a device, laptop or smart tv, directly into the range extender using the ethernet port I get no internet that way.  To troubleshoot this, I've tried to have Windows diagnose the connection and it always fails to fix the problem.  I've also disabled the extender on the 5ghz band hoping that would let the connected device access the internet, to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
getz
Initiate

Re: EX6150 internet connection issues

I just went through this situation.  This is what worked for me. I hope it works for you too.  Reset your extender with a paper clip and plug it back in. Onced the green lights are on connect to the extender. To connect, go on a wireless device, do a search on WIFI connnections. I just used my cell phone. Select the Extender in the available connections which will end with  ext_2 or ext_5 as the ending digits.  Click connect. This will connect you to the extender (not the internet). On the same device, go to your browser and type in http://www.mywifiext.net/ During the installation you will be asked for your passcode.  Type in your passcode on the long line  It asks for a 10 digit code.  The passcode on my routers label is 10 digits long. Then go to the line right underneath the passcode line to Key 1. Retype your passcode exactly in there also.  Ignore the rest of the remaining keys. Do NOT hit Generate.  Scroll down and hit continue.  Follow the rest of the instructions. At that point nothing happened and I put my phone down is discuss and walked away. I came back and a notice was showing in my browser.  The notification in the browser said congratulations your are connected to xxx.ex5   This took about 5 to 10 min.

I spent countless hours on reading and trying to install this extender.  Nothing should be this hard for a $90 extender.  You would think this issue would be addressed because Verizon has a large market share.  My internet provider is verizon dsl with a verizon issued westell modem. 

Best of luck. 

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7