× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2 dropping 5G network after power reset

debax
Aspirant

EX6150v2 dropping 5G network after power reset

I have a Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX6150v2.  It's directly connected to my Xfinity router via an Ethernet cable and is set up in Access Point Mode.  The 6150 is located in a separate building from my house (the Ethernet cable runs through PVC conduit underground).  It's dual mode, with 2.4Ghz and 5GHz networks.  My problem is after several days the 5GHZ network keeps going down.  When that happens I unplug the Netgear 6150 for 30 sec. or so, then plug it back in, and in short order the 2.4GHz and 5GHz both come back on line.  But then within several days, the 5GHz network goes away again.  I'm pretty much a networking novice, so I'm not sure what to try to get my setup more stable.  My 6150 is out of warranty, it's about 5 years old, so maybe it's time to consider replacing it.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Dave

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6150v2 dropping 5G network after power reset

You could always try reinstalling the firmware to it and doing a factory reset. Maybe something is corrupt in the firmware or the settings. That'd cover both of those options. 

If that doesn't help, it might be time for a replacement. 5 years is a pretty good life span 

Message 2 of 4
debax
Aspirant

Is there a particular firmware version I should be using (or avoiding)? 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@debax wrote:

Is there a particular firmware version I should be using (or avoiding)? 

I haven't really heard any issues with the extenders firmware on that version. But sometimes things happen and can get corrupt. Its worth a chance trying to reinstall the firmware. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7