× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2 extender will not connect to my router using WPS

SilentCobra
Follower

EX6150v2 extender will not connect to my router using WPS

I am trying to set up my extender using WPS both router and range are netgear and router uses wps. The range would not connect to router. The only time it does connect is if I use Access Point, however my laptop does not have ethernet so I cannot hardwire it. 
If I use access point I can get to website but it ask me to connect to ethernet >

I addition I cannt see an extender network called NETGEAR_EXT. I do see my 2g and 5g ext networks but of course I cannot connect since it is not connected to my router.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6150v2 extender will not connect to my router using WPS

SilentCobra, 

Please factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds then join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network using a phone or laptop. After you connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network with your phone or laptop, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6150v2 extender will not connect to my router using WPS

SilentCobra, 

Please factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds then join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network using a phone or laptop. After you connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network with your phone or laptop, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7