× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6150v2 no internet on all three access points at the same time

RobertvG
Initiate

EX6150v2 no internet on all three access points at the same time

Yesterday afternoon all three of my Netgear EX6150v2 set up as access points decided to quit at the same time. No connection to the router. All other devices have no issues connecting to the wifi router wired and wireless. No changes were made anywhere in the network. I've tried the whole range of resetting to reconfiguring the device but nothing has solved the issue. Certificate issue perhaps?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on them? 
Did you have them setup with mesh mode? or standard extender mode? (one wifi)

What router are they connected to? 

Usually if its just one device with an issue, we suspect the device. When they all suddenly have the same issue, we look at what they're connected to or how they're connected

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on them? 
Did you have them setup with mesh mode? or standard extender mode? (one wifi)

What router are they connected to? 

Usually if its just one device with an issue, we suspect the device. When they all suddenly have the same issue, we look at what they're connected to or how they're connected

Message 2 of 4
RobertvG
Initiate

Hello @plemans and thanks for your questions and suggestions. My initial assessment in that only wireless devices connected to the APs were affected turned out to be incorrect. Some wired devices weren't able to connect either. This led me to inspect the switch to which all affected gear was connected. So your thinking about isolating the issue was correct I can confirm. I'm not sure what exactly caused the issue, but my best guess is one of the connected devices went rogue and was possibly causing a packet storm. I changed the configuration effectively bypassing the switch as the SPOF in that the APs are now directly connected to the router. In any case the issue is solved.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7