× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2 no longer sees 5GHz network

dakrath
Tutor

EX6150v2 no longer sees 5GHz network

My EX6150v2 (firmware V1.0.1.76 )is suddenly no longer seeing my 5GHz network that I want to extend.  2.4GHz is working fine.  My unit had been working fine since September 2018 without issue.  I have performed a factory reset on the unit twice.  The 2.4GHz that I want to extend is available in the Netgear Genie screen and works fine, but the 5GHz network SSID is absent from this screen.  In fact I'm seeing a bunch of OTHER 5GHz networks, but not mine.  I have tried to manually enter in the details of my 5GHz network, but it doesn't connect.  Any ideas?

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6150v2 no longer sees 5GHz network

channel 132 is a dfs channel. I don't believe the ex6150v2 is compatible with dfs channels. If you can get your neighbor to change it back to the higher channels, it should work fine again. Shoot for channels 149-165.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
dakrath
Tutor

Also adding that I am able to connect to my 5GHz without any issue from other devices.

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

What channel is your main router 5ghz channels on? Have you changed those recently?

You don't list your model router or firmware on it?
Firmware on the EX6150?

I'd try changing your main routers 5ghz wifi channel.  How far from your router is the extender? Size area its covering?

Message 3 of 7
dakrath
Tutor

5GHz from router I believe is on channel 132. There were some issues recently and the ISP came out and may have messed with it. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the router as it belongs to upstairs neighbors. That being said, I do not know how far the router is. I am able to jump on the main routers 5GHz network without any issue from my phone or desktop machine. I only wanted the extended network so I could have my own SSID.
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

channel 132 is a dfs channel. I don't believe the ex6150v2 is compatible with dfs channels. If you can get your neighbor to change it back to the higher channels, it should work fine again. Shoot for channels 149-165.

Message 5 of 7
dakrath
Tutor

Yep I think you’re right. I ended up getting an EX6250 and I am now able to see the DFS channel with that unit (after a firmware update). Although now I have a different issue for which I will open another thread. Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You can mark the answer as correct then so others know what the solution is to that particular problem. Makes it eaiser for them in the future. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7