× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 MAC translation as seen by router

astrojohn
Tutor

EX6200 MAC translation as seen by router

Config:  EX6200 connected to ASUS RT-N66U router.  I've found my new Samsung TV only provides "localhost" as its ID so the router logs hundreds of error messages per day and the only current solution is a static address.  Changing the TV ID onscreen doesn't work in the current version of Samsung's firmware.  I set the static address in the TV and the router is happy. 

Here's the question:

The router sees translated MAC addresses from the EX6200 so do I setup the static reservation in the router with the translated address or the true MAC address of the TV?  I currently have the true MAC inlcuded but I see the translated address in the netowrk map.  Doesn't seem to matter as long as the IP address is reserved.

John

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6200 MAC translation as seen by router

Hello astojohn

I would use the mac address that the router is seeing.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
astrojohn
Tutor

Tnx Darren, apparently my RT-n66u doesn't seem to care if I set aside the static addresses or not - it seems to just work around anything setup as static in the device itself.

Can you answer another question for me:  after I installed the latest firmware, I can no longer turn the Netgear Logo LEDs off - The webpage tells me they're off but they remain on.  Any thoughts?

John

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

astrojohn 

It just could be a issue after you loaded the firmware I would say factory reset the device see if this resolves this.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7