× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 Wireless Extender

Keith7
Aspirant

EX6200 Wireless Extender

Hope someone can help with this simple I think question. I use a BT Home Hub 5 router, and am already using an EX6200 as a wireless extender and it works just fine. My question is can I buy another one to strenghen a weak signal elsewhere and connect to the same BT router? In other words not just connect one but two, is it straightforward?

Keith

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX6200 Wireless Extender

The EX6200 is a universal extender; it can work with a variety of base stations including those from other manufacturers. There should be no reliance on any particular features of the base station and the EX6200 should effectively appear as a client device to the base station. You should therefore be able to associate more than one extender with the same base station; I have done this in the past with an EX6200 and an EX7000 without any issues.

I think that’s what you are asking in your post 1, and you are not suggesting base station to EX6200 to EX6200 i.e. daisy-chained? That would result in very poor throughput at the most distant client devices.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

I think in theory it can be done. There are a couple of other similar posts around, but one thing will be certain, throughput on your network will be abysmal..

Message 2 of 6
Keith7
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your reply, it certainly sounds not a good idea.

Keith

Message 3 of 6
Keith7
Aspirant

Whilst I am very grateful for your reply  still do not have an answer to my question and want to know the answer. I am now being asked to accept a solution yet dont have an answer what do I do next?

Kind regards

Keith

Message 4 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The EX6200 is a universal extender; it can work with a variety of base stations including those from other manufacturers. There should be no reliance on any particular features of the base station and the EX6200 should effectively appear as a client device to the base station. You should therefore be able to associate more than one extender with the same base station; I have done this in the past with an EX6200 and an EX7000 without any issues.

I think that’s what you are asking in your post 1, and you are not suggesting base station to EX6200 to EX6200 i.e. daisy-chained? That would result in very poor throughput at the most distant client devices.

Message 5 of 6
Keith7
Aspirant

Thank you so much.

Kind regards

Keith

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation