× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 connecting to R6300

oelversk
Novice

EX6200 connecting to R6300

Hi,

I've bought one R6300 and two EX6200 (one for servers and one for TV/media) in order to boost my wifi at home. Previously

However the repeaters works like crap. I've updated all the units to latest firmware and then configured. I had one WNR4500 with two WN2500RP and thos worked better than current setup.

The one connected to TV/media drops the 3-4 times during an hour of watching Netflix for example. Throughput is around 65-70 mbps to internet since I got 100mbps fiber connection.

The one connecting the servers is slower though and are also droping internet connection every know and then.

Anyone familiar with the problem and maybe have suggestions on solution?

Thanks in advance!

Br
Ola
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: EX6200 connecting to R6300

I had one WNR4500 with two WN2500RP and thos worked better than current setup.

I got 100mbps fiber connection

I would kepted the you old setup if all you use for streaming . Although I can't say why you have drop issues but I assume you are using 5Hz?

If you were suing 2.4Ghz in the past with old setup which old setup could used either one I would compare what you had before. 802.11AC uses 5Ghz only and I only assume you want to spend money latest and greatest but 5Ghz will have less signal range so possible you are getting some interferences that my loosing periodically.

Just some to look into ...:)
Message 2 of 4
oelversk
Novice

Thanks June for the answer, even though it didn't make my day. I really thought new stuff would beat old stuff when it comes to Wifi. Didn't do my home work....

I will test to just replace the R6300 and see if the EX6200 är better than the old ones.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I guess I should ask why you replaced router and extender in the first place?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series