× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 is not working after las update

PauloEx6200
Aspirant

EX6200 is not working after las update

Hi There

Last night I was trying to upgrade my EX 6200 wih the latest firmware version (1.0.3.74_1.1.109) but during the process the device stoped respoding and now I nothing seems working. I tried to do the factory reset and but I am not able to get the default IP. Also I tried to connect my laptod directly to the device ports and I am not getting an IP address. Looks like the system not responding and I have the Device to Extender Led blinking contuining and nevers stops. Can you please give some direction?

Thank you.

Paulo

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
PauloEx6200
Aspirant

Re: EX6200 is not working after las update

DarrenM

I was about to give up but with you saved the day with your email. I was able to restore the firmware and now the extender is working better than before with a new interface and better features

Thank you so much for your help.

Have a great weekend.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Paulo

You will want to try and update the extender using TFTP to see if it will unbrick if not I would contact Netgear support if the extender is still under warranty. I have linked how to do this below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688/~/how-to-upload-firmware-to-a-netgear-router-usi...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
PauloEx6200
Aspirant

DarrenM

I was about to give up but with you saved the day with your email. I was able to restore the firmware and now the extender is working better than before with a new interface and better features

Thank you so much for your help.

Have a great weekend.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7