× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6200 share house

jkebel
Aspirant

EX6200 share house

Hi guys,

I am moving into a share house or granny flat.

1. I would like to know if anyone in the share house can see what I am accessing on the internet when I use the EX6200 range extender?

2. If I move into a granny flat I will not have access to the owners (households) modem/router to conect to the wifi.  Will I still be able to contect to the internet using my EX6200 range extender (wirelessly?) without having access to the households modem/router? and Will the websites I visit be visible to the owner of the attached granny flat if I contect with the EX6200? I will have access to the wifi signal in the granny flat.

Regards

Jake

Model: EX6200|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6200 share house

1. yes, if you're not using a vpn, they'll have the potential to monitor what you're doing if they halfway know/try to observe what you're doing.

2. You don't need to be able to access the router to connect to it. so long as they give you the wireless connection information or a hardwired connection to the router, you should be able to use the EX6200. Not saying that for certain as I've seen posts with some routers causing connections issues and needing special setups. But for the most part, it should.

3. If you're that worried about people being able to see what you're visiting, a vpn for your devices would be advisable. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. yes, if you're not using a vpn, they'll have the potential to monitor what you're doing if they halfway know/try to observe what you're doing.

2. You don't need to be able to access the router to connect to it. so long as they give you the wireless connection information or a hardwired connection to the router, you should be able to use the EX6200. Not saying that for certain as I've seen posts with some routers causing connections issues and needing special setups. But for the most part, it should.

3. If you're that worried about people being able to see what you're visiting, a vpn for your devices would be advisable. 

Message 2 of 3
jkebel
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7