× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6250 — AC1750 Dual Band WiFi Mesh Extender -> DL speed of 0. Upload speed of 1.01.

adamgusky
Aspirant

EX6250 — AC1750 Dual Band WiFi Mesh Extender -> DL speed of 0. Upload speed of 1.01.

Hi,

I am extremely dissapointed with Netgear. I bought the AC1750 around November of 2020 because I work from home in a remote part of the house, far from the router. 

My video meetings were awful prior to getting this, but after setting it up, they were nearly perfect. A couple of weeks ago, the amber light stayed on and it would not work, so Netgear sent me a new one.

Either I don't understand how to set this up, or this new one is a piece of garbage. I've set it up multiple times, it never seems to make a difference, and when I run the speed tests my DL and UL speeds suck. For example, the most recent speed test I ran gave me the following results:

DL: 0.00 Mbps

UL: 1.01 Mbps

Ping 31.0

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6250 — AC1750 Dual Band WiFi Mesh Extender -> DL speed of 0. Upload speed of 1.01.

what router is it connected to? 

What firmware is on the extender? 

have you tried the extender in different locations? 

If you log into the extenders status page, what does it show for the link to the router? (a screen snip of it helps)

Message 2 of 6
adamgusky
Aspirant

Re: EX6250 — AC1750 Dual Band WiFi Mesh Extender -> DL speed of 0. Upload speed of 1.01.

@plemans hi and thanks for the reply.

1. Router: RAC2V1K

2. Firmware: V1.0.0.134

3. Yes I have tried multiple locations. near the router, in between the router and my office, and near my office

4. Would this be the network map? If so there are green dots by the EX6250 and by the router, but there is nothing by the Internet

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 6
adamgusky
Aspirant

I don't think it is the router, because it worked with my previous EX6250 until it broke and they sent me a new one. Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Try installing using the installation assistant. If that doesn't help, then try the WPS method. 

Sometimes one works better than the other.

You might also try setting a static ip address

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7