× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6250 Mesh Extender doesn't work after NightHawk app update

bzyc
Tutor

EX6250 Mesh Extender doesn't work after NightHawk app update

Hi folks, the most recent Android Nighthawk app update made me unable to use my mesh extender EX6250 anymore for some reason. I've since factory reset the mesh extender, and tried to reconnect, but the app keeps crashing when "personalizing settings" during setup. Have also reinstalled Android Nighthawk app on my Samsung S20, but to no avail. So now the Mesh Extender doesn't work for any devices that connect to it (whether mobile or laptop). WPS can only connect 2.4ghz but not 5ghz.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Here's a video of how to use the installation assistant. the manual also goes over it. 

How to Setup your WiFi Range Extender with NETGEAR Installation Assistant - YouTube

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting the extender and then set it up using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Message 2 of 7
bzyc
Tutor

Thanks @plemans . Can I please check, when you refer to "installation assistant", do you mean the Nighthawk App or something else?

- If it's something else, can you please pass me the URL for it?

- If it's the Nighthawk App, then that's what I'm having trouble with. The Android Nighthawk app closes down everytime i get to "Personalise Settings" during setup, so I'm never able to complete the setup.

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Here's a video of how to use the installation assistant. the manual also goes over it. 

How to Setup your WiFi Range Extender with NETGEAR Installation Assistant - YouTube

Message 4 of 7
robert_HW
Aspirant

Since the last update the app no longer functions properly. I like many purchased the Nighthawk to have access to the interface to control users privileges and time in use. Now it doesn't even recognize bandwidths. It would be funny I guess if I was on the otherwise of ownership. Once again per the current update November 17, 2021 the app has stopped functioning again. At least you can count on one feature that is consistent!

Message 5 of 7
bzyc
Tutor

Thanks, walking through the instructions in this video solved it, thank you!

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@bzyc glad it worked for you! 

Thanks for marking it solved. it can help the next person with that issue find the fix faster. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7