× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6250 mesh extender - no internet

JakeStar
Guide

EX6250 mesh extender - no internet

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to provide.

I have 2 Netgear AC1750 Mesh Extenders, Model EX6250. They were awesome.

Recently, when connected to my wifi, i would see a `no internet` message when connected.  Looking through forums, it seemed to be our cable suppliers modem/router.  I called them and they replaced it with a new model.  HitronCGNM-2250.  I set it up using WPS (as i had with the previous modem/router) and i continue to get the 'no internet' message.

I set it up using the browser setup procedure and still, 'no internet'.

These units are under one year old.  I am puzzled and frustrated as you can imagine...

Jake

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Try setting it up using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Also, try 1 at a time. I've seen extenders get connected to each other when using more than 1 mesh extender. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try setting it up using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Also, try 1 at a time. I've seen extenders get connected to each other when using more than 1 mesh extender. 

Message 2 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

Thank you...

Here is what i tried:

1. Reset to factory settings (question...would the firmware reset and need updating again?)
  2. Installed using the assistant, one at a time.
  3. Plugged only one in, at a distance from the modem/router.

Same issue occurred.

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

after setup, are you able to log into the router and look in its attached devices page to see if the extender is connected?

Message 4 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

Yes, i can see it.  It is called 'unknown', but the mac address identifies it for me.

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

so the extender is connecting to the router but the router isn't passing info to it. 

Have you went into the router and set the extender with a static ip address? 

Message 6 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

Did you see my question about whether the firmware update needed to be run again. 

Message 7 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

The router shows the IP address as self assigned.  The other devices show DHCP assigned.

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

You just marked it as fixed (before I could respond to your prior questions). Did you get it working? 

Message 9 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

It looks like the issue might have been the extenders connecting to each other.  I hadn't thought of that as a possibility.  I set up one and it seemed to work well.  I rebooted it and tested again and it works well.  Now i will turn it off, then set up and place the other extender.  Hopefully, the 'no internet' issue is resolved.

Thank you so much.

Message 10 of 12
plemans
Guru

If it continues to happen, name one of the extenders something separate from the main ssid. That'll prevent them from connecting to each other. 

Extenders connecting to each other is why we usually don't recommend more than 1 extender. When you need more than 1, we usually recommend to moving to a full mesh system and not just extenders. 

Message 11 of 12
JakeStar
Guide

I believe that it is working...so far.  Now i have turned it off so that i can set the other extender up. 

I will post if there are any further issues, but with your guidance, i think it's all good now.

Cheers,

Jake

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7