× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6250 slow download speed over 5GHz

dakrath
Tutor

EX6250 slow download speed over 5GHz

Just purchased an EX6250 and I am able to successfully connect to both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. Only problem is that the download speed on the 5GHz is limited to about 10Mbps no matter what I try. The main router is using DFS channel 132 and I am unable to change this as I’m piggy backing off of my upstairs neighbor. If I stand next to the extender and connect directly to the router from my phone, I get about 120Mbps down, so I’m assuming something is up with this extender as I used to get close to 100Mbps down with my
old extender (EX6150v2, which does not support DFS).

I have updated the extender to the latest firmware which allows DFS channels and I spent a couple of hours fiddling with settings but no luck.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
dakrath
Tutor

An update.  I ended up purchasing an EX7300, which appears to come with DFS support out of the box.  I'm now getting 100Mbps up/down, which is great.  Updated to the latest firmware for the hell of it, and I'm still good.  I'm guessing the EX6250 was possibly defective.  In any case, I'll stick with this EX7300 and call it a day.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
dakrath
Tutor

Also would like to add that upload speed is fine on 5GHz, just download speed appears to be limited. 2.4GHz also works fine up/down.
Message 2 of 3
dakrath
Tutor

An update.  I ended up purchasing an EX7300, which appears to come with DFS support out of the box.  I'm now getting 100Mbps up/down, which is great.  Updated to the latest firmware for the hell of it, and I'm still good.  I'm guessing the EX6250 was possibly defective.  In any case, I'll stick with this EX7300 and call it a day.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7