× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6400 FW - any update?

omoeller
Guide

EX6400 FW - any update?

Still trying to get my EX6400 with FW.44 somewhat to decntly work - any news about if/when to expect?

Just to recap SSID's between 2.4. & 5 Ghz cannot be the same, does not support DFS channels, only suppoers lower channels 36-40-44-48.

Responsiveness to web or app a pain in the rear.

If there is no pogress sometime soon I'll return the extender to AMAZON as it is simply way too expensive to what it delivers in the current state

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
omoeller
Guide

Re: EX6400 FW - any update?

Just returned the product to AAMAZON as it constantly looses connection on the 5Ghz under full signal - really disappointing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello omoeller

Are you having issues after you went to the newest firmware? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
omoeller
Guide

Hi Darren - like I stated in my post I am on the latest FW:

SSID's between 2.4. & 5 Ghz cannot be the same, does not support DFS channels, only suppoers lower channels 36-40-44-48.

Responsiveness to web or app a pain in the rear.

I managed to address some while tricking the web interface - e.g. changing region during config. But overall there is ample room for improvement - including simple things like the option to turn off the LED's - something that the cheapest repeaters can handle!!

Thanks and Regards,

Oliver

Message 3 of 4
omoeller
Guide

Just returned the product to AAMAZON as it constantly looses connection on the 5Ghz under full signal - really disappointing.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7