× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6400 can I connect...

LilMickey
Aspirant

EX6400 can I connect...

I purchased a EX6400 wifi extender attempting to connect a credit card terminal to the internet. The router is located 40 feet from the CC terminal; my question is an I using the right piece of equipment I thought I could connect extender wirelessly to the router then connect CC terminal to th extender via ethernet cable...did not work 

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6400 can I connect...

@LilMickey wrote:

I purchased a EX6400 wifi extender attempting to connect a credit card terminal to the internet. The router is located 40 feet from the CC terminal; my question is an I using the right piece of equipment I thought I could connect extender wirelessly to the router then connect CC terminal to th extender via ethernet cable...did not work 

are you trying to run it in extender mode or in access point mode. it won't work that way in access point mode. 

in extender mode, it should function as a standard ethernet port. Is it extending the wireless network (to make sure its setup properly)?

One thing to check on though (with your credit card terminal company) is if the terminal requires a static IP address/routing setup. 

Message 2 of 3
LilMickey
Aspirant

Re: EX6400 can I connect...

Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements