× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6400 mesh extender

maxx1010
Aspirant

EX6400 mesh extender

I just set this up and with the help in this group I did get it connected to the mesh.....when I look I don't see any devices connected is that correct because I have many devices in the house.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

@maxx1010 wrote:

I just set this up and with the help in this group I did get it connected to the mesh.....when I look I don't see any devices connected is that correct because I have many devices in the house.

When you look where? In the extender connected devices page? 

And have you tried a simple reboot of the devices not connected? In mesh mode, devices roam based upon their own roaming protocol. The extender doesn't move them around. they have to do it themselves. 

Message 2 of 4
maxx1010
Aspirant

yes in the extender network devices there is none mentioned. so I need to I guess unplug everything and plug them back in and see where they connect?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

or turn off/on wireless on the device. But again, if its running in mesh mode, they should roam on their own protocols. If they're older devices and don't have built in roaming protocols, then using mesh might not be ideal for them. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7