× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6400v3 extender

pquebodeaux
Guide

EX6400v3 extender

I can't connect my extender to Channel 2.4 GHz. I've had it for 2-3 years and started having problems with it in the last few months. I have done a factory reset several times and reconnect to several times.  I paid a membership to Netgear to try to get someone there to help and they were no help at all...

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6400v3 extender

What router are you connecting it to? 

What method of setup did you use? (wps, the app, the installation assistant)

What firmware is on the extender? 

Are you having issues connecting the 2.4ghz on the extender to the router? Or issues connecting devices to the extenders 2.4ghz? Your post wasn't very clear. The more details you can give us, the better we can help.

Hope you didn't pay much for support. Support is fairly spendy through netgear (almost the price of the device). Its only free for the first 90 days. 

we also see a lot of people google for netgear support and get scam sites too. so something to be aware of

Message 2 of 5
pquebodeaux
Guide

I have an ATT provided modem/router that they installed with my new fiber optic service. The software version of the extender is V1.0.3.32. I have used the WPS setup and its worked in the past. Neither channels stay connected. There are 4 lights and only the first 3 stay lit. Occasionally, all 4 are lit up. Number 1 is power, 2 is WPS, 3 is router link, and 4 is client link.  It is 4 that stays off.  Hope this helps, I am not very savvy at these electronic devices. 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

When setup with WPS, the EX6400 sets up in mesh mode as its a mesh extender. What that means is it uses the same ssid/password as the main router. And devices roam between it (EX6400) and the router as needed based on their own roaming protocol. Thats why your led 4 (device) light only comes on sometimes. That'd be when devices choose to roam to it. 

You can disable that and set it with its own ssid if you'd prefer. 

Message 4 of 5
pquebodeaux
Guide

Well, that may help.  Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7